Re: Capacitor life?

Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Unless you're doing something really insane, if you design and build your
MMC system following the rules and instructions posted on our website
(written by Terry F.), the MMC array will likely last longer than any other
part of your coil. We have several banks that habe been in regular use here
for several years now on everything from small NST coils (down to 6") up to
Haruka (15" coil) and Gemini (12" bipolar coil).

We have never had a failure, ever.

In the thousands of caps we've sold, we have only seen 2 failures, and both
of those were due to bad design (caps too close together, or to somethign
else).

So, as fas as their life. We don't know. You put enough hours on your coil
to kill them and let us know. Though, remember, you will have gone through
hundreds of gaps and a dozen or so transformers first ;)

Also remember that to accumulate an hour of runtime on your coil can easily
take months, or even years (unless you're a freak living at Geekhouse or
something). These are things that most likely run in 5-15 second bursts.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org