Re: Voltage Multiplier(4x) problems

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"ANother Q: can I make a voltage multiplier with the diodes reversed to
produce a full wave when connected in parallell with my current unit? Or
would this make -10,000 volts? But wouldnt that equal a total of 20
kilavolts potential difference?"

	Sure you can do it but, as you say, the output would be - 10 kV, so the
both ends of your 50 kV supply would be floating.  If you can live with
that it'll work fine.  A standard circuit for "off the AC line"
equipment, simplest form is a "full wave doubler", but has same problem.

ed