RE: Secondary size

Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

To: Dr. Resonance
I have already understood (to some degree) the information you just
posted.
You seem to have missed what I was asking.
I know 4.5:1 works very well.  Since this is true I could then use my
15KV 60Ma NST, give it a SRSG and a MC of .028 micro farads.  Then my
optimal coil height would be 9" tall right?  Providing I use a secondary
dia. of 2" I would still be in the 4.5:1 ratio and poof I should fall
into a good rule of thumb for my coil height.  I got it!  Thanx!

Ok that was not meant to be sarcastic.  I was trying to show you that
the ratio was not my question as stated in the original question.  There
were actually a few questions I had.  but in reference to the one you
answered I was aiming somewhere else.

Assuming I use your recommended 4.5:1 ratio.  What is a good height to
use based on the anticipated arc length?  Obviously the 9" tall coil
might have some problems if say 50" arcs were created.

The question is based on a particular anticipated arc length, what is a
good rule of thumb to decide on the HEIGHT of the coil?

After I get this under my belt ill re ask the other questions.
Thanx

And again I do not mean to sound sarcastic just trying to make a point
in order to address my real question.

Luke Galyan
Bluu-at-cox-dot-net