Re: Magnifier Primary Capacitors - EQUIDRIVE vs. STANDARD

Terry has encountered this phenomonea with MMC caps which is quite unusual
because Maxwell and PCI caps both use a series of small caps connected in
series inside the box --- I know Beau Meskin, when I visited the PCI factory
in Chicago, showed me the interior of a 0.1 uF 30 kV cap and it has 22
separate small caps all series connected.  This construction would simulate
the series connected MMC technique that we are all presently using, so why
would there be any difference?  Unless, as Dave Sharpe noted, there are some
different effects going on with the equi-drive system.

I plan on calling my friends Bob Cooper and Randy Hartsock who are the
senior design engineers at Maxwell and pose this question to them.  Perhaps
we can get to the bottom of this mystery.

Dr. Resonance

Resonance Research Corporation
E11870 Shadylane Rd.
Baraboo   WI   53913