RE: Residual charge left on caps

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau-at-hp-dot-com>

A while back I performed some MicroSim simulations to try to see what could
be causing such a thing to occur.  I did include unequal leakage
resistances as well as unequal capacitances, but I was unable to get any
cumulative charge to build over multiple mains cycles.  It's got to be
something non-linear, like coronal rectification.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Hi Gary,

I wonder if differences in dialectric leakage of individual caps might
account for this?

Gerry R