Re: SSTC - experiments

Original poster: "Shaun Epp" <scepp-at-mts-dot-net>

see below,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 1:13 PM
Subject: RE: SSTC - experiments

 > Original poster: "David Trimmell" <humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com>
 >
 > 200-300 khZ isn't a amateur band in the USA. It belongs to the
 > aeronautics broadcasting folks. But. I doubt any of us are really
 > causing any issues there.
 >
 > Why did you build the SSTC?

I built an SSTC because I enjoy building electronic things, especially high
voltage generators, I like a challenge and I like to experiment.  I've built
a spark gap tesla coil with good success (4 foot steamers) and I was able to
use the secondary and base stand for the SSTC.  I like to make sparks!!

In Canada I remember reading that the low frequency bands (around 200 khz)
are not regulated, I know there are some beacons in the band though, I can
pick them up with a short wave radio?

Shaun