RE: capacitive pole pig ballast

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

It is the inductance of the wire mostly.
Measurements by Gary Laus and Terry Blake of a 500ft Home Depot roll of
12 AWG was
0.9 Ohms 10.50 mH
The ballast does get warm (and probably not recommended for real long
runs >15 minutes at a time)
but does limit current to about 26A.

Dan