RE: SSTC - experiments

Original poster: "Mccauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley-at-lmco-dot-com>

Dave,

One thing *you* are forgetting is that at 200-300kHz, a 4" electrode rod
placed above the top load is an
extremely inefficient radiator.  Its probably negligibly more than what
a SSTC radiates by itself.  To get
efficient transmission of RF power, you need an efficient antenna.  A
1/2 dipole antenna would have to be
2340 feet for 200kHz.  There are other harmonics, but these are buried
quite deeply.

Also, SSTCs radiate quite a bit of RF in general.  When I audio
modulated my coils, I can pick up the transmissions
on my friends HAM set-up (with his huge tower antennas) almost 10 miles
away (flat terrain, no hills, mountains, etc...)

Dan