Re: MICARTA ? Anyone know what this is?

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

"Original poster: "Brian" <ka1bbg-at-webryders-dot-net>

Hi, if its what i think it is a slight grey/green color, made of crushed
mica pressed together with some type of glue to make it into a single
piece.
I have seen it used to shim up a die on a die rule and sometimes on
switch
gear panels. should contain no asbestos however always worth asking
someone
in the know about the particular material. It will dull the best of
saws,
about like cutting stone. cul brian f.