Re: TC Questions

Original poster: "gtyler" <gtyler-at-drummond-dot-org.za>

Hi,
     I am involved in electronic design but I see that that does not
qualify me to build a TC! There are many things to learn before I can
even begin. Can some one explain this to me please.
     What happens after the spark gap "fires"? does the arc continue for
the rest of the mains 1/2 cycle? If so there will be 1 pulse of HV every
1/2 cycle, and the current flowing after the spark gap fires is waisted.
Also the repetition rate will be 100 or 120 hz.?

George