Re: MICARTA ? Anyone know what this is?

Original poster: "Harold Weiss" <hweiss-at-new.rr-dot-com>

Hi Dan,

Micarta is the trademark of International Paper for phenolic sheet.  It is
of three main types canvas, linnen, and paper.  It's expensive stuff.  It is
also hygroscopic, but the linnen and canvas types make great RSG disks.
(almost as good as G10)  Hit the dumpster immeadiatly!  1" is $.60 per sq
in.

David E Weiss