Re: SRSG Alignment

Original poster: "fred11" <fred11-at-cox-dot-net>

I have found that the best way to adjust the phase of a sync RSG is to have
"on the fly"
adjustments.
Here is a link to a folder with 4 pics of my current 5 hp, 120 bps, 3600
sync.
The stationary electrodes were not installed yet at the time of the pics.
I can rotate the motor in its cradle 360 degrees while the system is
running.
It is a Slow Sync gear drive unit from a variac drive.
I decided to go with the motor cradle adjustment.
I machined 2.5 inch end bushings for each end brackett on the motor, All
stainless steel.
Its geared to provide 1/2 degree per second of resolution/very tight.
The remote controll not shown, is 120vac, cw/ccw Hard wired with an outer
grounded shield.
It is very good, When you are running the system and dial the phase in the
streamer length reaches a maximum, but then there is about 1/2 to 1.75 more
degrees to dial in. During this the streamers greatly intensify in
brightness and noise.
http://dave.golfbuddys-dot-com/dave/rsg/
COILING IN OKLAHOMA!!!