New VTTC

Original poster: "Michael H Nolley" <nolleym-at-willamette.edu>

Hi list--after a four year hiatus from the Tesla list, I am re-subscribing
so that I can get help with my VTTC.  I haven't started construction yet,
but my goal is something which runs on 4kv smoothed DC and can run CW for
extended periods.  My application is an ozone generator. :)
I am thinking about dual or single 811As, running at 4kv smoothed DC.
Will I need to buy a filament transformer, or can I wind one using a MOT
core?  Finally, I would like to be able to vary the frequency easily, so
is it possible to vary the capacitance or inductance of the secondary to
do this?
Thanks for your advice.
--Mike N.