Large Tesla Coil Design Help

Original poster: "Jim Mitchell" <electrontube-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Hello,

A friend and I are looking to build a large 10" coil.  We have acsess to
MOTs and synchrnous motors etc,  and sonotubes, wire everything to build
the coil except the capacitors.

Now we were thinking of making a four MOT stack to give around 10,000
volts.  The problem is, I have no clue what kind of capacitance will be
needed for this coil, or what the LTR for a MOT stack would be.

I was thinking of an MMC but with the amount of capacitors im gussing we
will need, it will cost 600$ (ha ha)  !!!

What would be the best bet for capacitors for this coil?

Thank you,

Regards - Jim Mitchell