Re: MMC or Maxwell? Which is better?

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hello Kreso, all

Although I really feel sorry for your mishap I am somwhat happy to hear
this.
All scenarios where I was told that 37667 caps exploded under "normal" TC
use ended like this.
Of course if you stress a cap this way It is no wonder it will fail with
time.
Of course a concervative set safety gap is not a defense against all odds,
but I think if you had
( been going on ) using this your cap might have lasted longer.
After a lot of pondering I will probably stay with my maxwell. If I wanted
the same capacitance and voltage rating
( 60nF ( 2caps ) and 25 KV this would need a lot of CDE caps. I do not doubt
this MMC would work great.
But I do doubt that I can sell the maxwells for a price that will pay the
MMC.
Nevertheless the Geek Group has done great work with theyr MM's. but as I
already have 3 of the 37667 caps already, two in use and one spare,
I will have to stick with these. OK, to be honest, somtimes I feel, I'd
rather have an equaly sized MMC ;-)

This was or is the most euphoric thread I have seen on the list over the
last time, great fun to discuss with you all out there!

Sincerely

Christoph Bohr