Re: LED at 60 HZ? (was RE: Radio Shack Strobes)

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > It was a giant super bright red LED.  Any other would work just as
 > well.  Not sure I would use the white phosphore ones just yet...
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry
 >
 > At 08:06 PM 2/24/2004, you wrote:
 >
 > >Terry:
 > >
 > >Is that RS part number for a red LED or white LED?
 > >
 > >Dr. Resonance

	Is that the ones which are shaped like half a paraboloid and focus to a
fairly fine spot?  That's what I've used here with good success.  As I
recally they were fairly expensive (at least four or five years ago).

Ed