Re: Arctronics capacitors

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 2/24/04 2:49:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> >Yes it is the model 37667 35 kvdc and 30 nF. The cap didnt work for 2 days
> >before explosion. I ran my coil for maybe second or two ( just turned
>variac
> >to max) and the top of capacitor ( where the sticker is ) just ripped and
> >flyed around the room messing evrything with oil and oil did also spring
> >from capacitor!

I have had two of these Maxwell caps for about 3 years.  I use the two only
in a series configuration with a 15 kv 60 ma transformer.  I just don't
trust them to use individually or in parallel.

Ed Sonderman