Re: LED at 60 HZ? (was RE: Radio Shack Strobes)

Original poster: "Willem Bosma" <wbosma-at-stud.tue.nl>

When using a LED as a strobe light, use a high feed voltage e.g. 24 V
rectified, and swallow up most of it with high voltage zeners. Instead of a
resistor use a constant current scource. This can be a FET with the gate
connected to the underside of a drain resistor. The value of this resistor
(several 100's of Ohm's) sets the current thru the LED. Succes!
Willem