Re: Calculating Cap RMS current

Hi,

I am not sure where JAVATC gets its equations from, but the 3 ohms sounds
like it is from this:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/MMCInfo/MMCPower4.html

Wo = Irms^2 x Rcap

Thus,

Irms = SQRT (Wo / Rcap)

The simple program at:

http://hot-streamer-dot-com/TeslaCoils/programs/Mmccalc2.zip

Finds Irms in this way.

Folks may have found a better way recently?

Cheers,

         Terry