RE: Power level Vs Coil hieght

Original poster: Thomas <tom-at-pwrcom-dot-com.au>

 > Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com
 >
 > In a message dated 2/16/04 12:10:25 AM Eastern Standard Time,
 > tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

 > If you increase the gap spacing or the cap value, then you may need
 > to loosen the coupling to prevent racing sparks.  Then again, it may
 > be OK with a tighter coupling.

Seconded.
I recently started getting racing sparks because I improved my blower gap
(lots more air flow for better quenching). I'm trying to loosen the coupling
at the moment, but as I did not build any adjustment into the design this is
proving difficult.

Tom.