Re: Crushing ferrite cores to make one big one?

Original poster: robert & june heidlebaugh <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

It's not crasy. I've done it. I use fiber-glass resin to bond the mix. The
problem will be grinding them. They are ceramic base and you will nead a
rock crusher and pulverizer to do the job, not many people have the tools.
May I suggest you go to a sheet metal shop and buy scrap sheet metal cut
into 1" x X" , burn them and stack them into any size core you want. I save
ferrite cores of common size and bond cores into rods with out grinding only
stacking. and bonding into rods up to 1 meter long to make antenna cores.
        Robert   H