New maggie

Original poster: "James" <mustang3-at-cox-dot-net>

Hi List,
     I thot I'd give the list a heads up on the my new maggie project. The
oscillator(L1 & L2) is 48" in dia. X 31" tall. It stands 32" off the floor.
Primary(L1) is 15T. 1/2 OD copper tubing. Tapped at 3 3/4T.  Secondary is
94T. #10 THHN wound in series with the primary(autotransformer). The unused
primary turns are also secondary turns. So, this equals 105T on the
secondary(L2). I'm using an ARSG and a 100nf cap. The bottom of the primary
is grounded. This isn't a Tesla coil, but an Odin coil. The L3 coil is 6" in
dia X 31.75" tall wound with #20 wire. The L3 coil is 63" off the floor and
is about 11-12 feet from the oscillator. The L3 coil has a 9 X 27 toroid on
top and a small 3 X 14 toroid on the bottom. The 1st test was going ok, when
I saw a thin finger-of-flame reach over to the mirror my truck. The distance
was over 7 feet. I knew this was a Bad ThingT. The arc killed the keyless
entry keypad(Ford F-150). But left the keyless entry control box working.
The clicker will still unlock the doors. At least it didn't kill the stereo
or the ECU. This was at 30-40 amps. When the weather improves at bit(rain
the last week), the L3 can go outside for a FULL-POWER test.
     I'm in the process of making a much larger toroid for L3 (48" X 18").
This will be a plywood and styrofoam form covered with chicken wire. The 27
X 9 toroid had 6 or more streamers coming off at the same time. With the
bigger toroid I'lI add another 33nf capacitor to it. I have much more tuning
and tweaking to do. I've linked a few pictures for you. I hope you enjoy.

Later,

James

http://members.cox-dot-net/mustang3/tesla pictures/driver all set up.JPG
http://members.cox-dot-net/mustang3/tesla pictures/magie06.JPG
http://members.cox-dot-net/mustang3/tesla pictures/Too close.JPG

NOTE: must be typed exactly as shown. The space after tesla dropped the
hypertext link. Probably cut and paste to the browser will work.

http://members.cox-dot-net/mustang3/tesla%20pictures/driver%20all%20set%20up.JPG

http://members.cox-dot-net/mustang3/tesla%20pictures/magie06.JPG

http://members.cox-dot-net/mustang3/tesla%20pictures/Too%20close.JPG