RE: Huge x-ray transformer for sale on ebay

Original poster: "Christopher Boden" <chrisboden-at-hotmail-dot-com>

not always. we have a dozen or so XRT supplies, all 60Hz but vary from two
extremes. When I asked about it I was told it has to do with duty cycle.
Most medical XRTs are designed for only ~10 seconds of runtime at a shot.
This is why we have some 125kV supplies that weigh 300lbs. We also have a
75kV unit that tipps the scales at well over a ton, but it's also designed
for a 1 HOUR continuous runtime.

Christopher "Duck" Boden Geek#1
President / C.E.O. / Alpha Geek
The Geek Group