Re: help needed with building a mini table top tesla coil

Original poster: mizpoon <mizpoon-at-burningart-dot-com>

Hi everything,

firstly, thanks for your advice on my tesla coil project.

i'm now looking for the right capcitor for my tesla coil and am running
into difficulties.

the capacitor I think I need is about 0.00795 pFarads and is rated at
10KV.

However, when calling up a few places, this kind of capacitor is hard to
find... do you guys have any idea where I could find such a thing?

everyone I talk to says that the capacitor is tiny, and that I'm trying to
get the wrong thing... what do you think is the problem here?

I know that Ebay has many capacitors for sale, but there are pretty jumbo
caps for a larger tesla coil...