Re: Knife switch

Original poster: Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 2/10/04 8:12:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>

Thanx for the input but...........
I was intending the use of these knife switches to be more aesthetic
than function.

I want to put them just after the safety gap.  Then I can open them up
to set the safety gap and close them for normal operation.  But at the
same time add a little flare to it.

Luke,

     You're planning to put manual switches on the HV side of your
transformer? Make sure you NEVER open or close them while the power is on!
Most of these type switches are rated for ~600V max. Open a switch under HV
power and it becomes another spark gap.

Matt D.