RE: audio modulated SSTC

Original poster: herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de

David Trimmell <humanb-at-chaoticuniverse-dot-com> wrote:

 > Herwig, didn't you work on a very large audio modulated VTTC some
 > years back? I think I have the right guy, if so how did it fair?

David,

Yes, I had built a VTTC using a YU-204 = 4PR-1000A. I managed to get
a brush length of 20", but despite of several different approaches,
the audio was very loud but its quality was not overwhelming. The
reason probably was the low frequency of about 244 kHz, the VTTC was
working on.
In the meantime I have learnt, that frequencies above 5 MHz should be
used if high quality audio is the goal, but unfortunately I do not
know the reason for this barrier. My small plasma tweeter operates at
13 MHz and its audio quality is much better.

In case, you need further details, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Herwig

Greed is the root of all evil!