Re: Safety Gap =

Original poster: "Christoph Bohr" <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

One more thought:

Although I am pretty convinced about using safety gaps there is still one
point I am not completely sure about:
When the safety gap fires, the current will be much higher than the current
that normaly passes through L1, this can be unwanted stress on the cap as
well. I think I have read about people using resistors here. What size is
advisable, especially what power rating?
Wouldn't it be possible to build an inductive sulution....
I think about something like a small  TC-like device to use as a
energy-dumpster in the safety gap...

Is this too strange or could this be done?

regards

Christoph Bohr