Re: Primary connection

Original poster: Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
>
>I was wondering if I could hear the various ways that everyone has
>connected their primary coil to the rest of the system.
>I have an alligator clip in mind when I think of this.
>Seems like a rather bad idea in a way.  We design this system that can have
>in the hundreds of amps for a peak current.  Then we runn this huge current
>through a connection that consists of an alligator clip on a copper tube.
>
>It seems like bottleneck.  It would hinder the flow of such large currents.
>
>Are there any better alternative simple or not id like to hear bout them.
>
>Luke Galyan
>Bluu-at-cox-dot-net

Luke,

I use a large aligator clip, more like what you would find on a battery
charger.  Then I modify the jaws by soldering in two pieces of copper
tubing sideways (90 degrees to the jaws).  These pieces are of a larger
diameter than the secondary tubing.  It is cut to length, maybe 1/2" then
cut down the middle.  Then work the pieces to get the curvature so they fit
over your primary tubing and solder to the aligator clip.

Ed Sonderman