Re: Safety Gap

Original poster: Christoph Bohr <cb-at-luebke-lands.de>

Hi Gerry.

I am sure what you tell can be true. I never used a safety gap with my first
coils, too. But today I really feel different about this. If I can build a
safety gap in seconds  for 1$ to protect equipment multiple times the worth I
will do that. I use simple steelball safety gaps and never had any failure
ever since. The gaps fire once in a while so I think they do their job
allright. I simply adjust them that they will only fire occasionaly, the
setting with only the xfomer on never worked satisfying as the gaps would
fire constantly with the LC circuit connected.
Although a Terry style filter might be much better you can' get more for less
than with a simple safety gap.... so use one, everyone !!! ;-)

Sincerely

Christoph Bohr