Re: Primary connection

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 07:05 PM 06/02/04 -0700, you wrote:
 >Original poster: "Luke" <Bluu-at-cox-dot-net>
 >
 >I was wondering if I could hear the various ways that everyone has
 >connected their primary coil to the rest of the system.
 >I have an alligator clip in mind when I think of this.

<SNIP>

Hi Luke,

A fuse holder for the 3AG type of fuse works well if your primary is
wound with 1/4 inch copper tubing.  Join the two terminals together
onto your tapping lead and then simply "snap" the fuse holder onto
the primary tubing.  It has a lot more surface area in contact with
the tubing than an alligator clamp.  Automotive parts stores should
have the fuse holders in stock.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL

Details of my "Hyperbaric Gap" and Tesla coil are at:
http://www.hurontel.on.ca/~weazle