Re: Pig sales on Ebay

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7-at-rochester.rr-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-twfpowerelectronics-dot-com>
 >
 > Hi,
 >
 > Pole transformers on Ebay seem to be alive and well but just waiting for
 > buyers :-(
 >
 > http://cgi.ebay-dot-com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2592574350
 >
 > Of course, T&R might not sell to "just anyone" walking in the door!!!  You
 > know, like someone without "cash" ;-))  But you can only refuse so much
 > cash in hand ;-))  Although it has been many years, "bona fide utilities"
 > don't buy from T&R, but from places like GE with brand new fully certified
 > equipment.  Rebuilders traditionally take the old equipment and profit buy
 > giving it a nice paint job and selling to "anyone" they can.  There may be
 > a few "blips" now and then, but that passes when the court case gets thrown
 > out ;-))
 >
 > Used pole transformers are surplus and it is a buyer's market out
 > there.  If say a T&R does not want your money that day, there a many others
 > that do...  Cash talks...
 >
 > Cheers,
 >
 >          Terry
<snip>

Terry,

I don't know what you mean by "bona fide utilities", but there hundreds
of municipal power companies just in my area of the northeast who do buy
from places like T&R. That's one of the ways they manage to keep the
price of electricity low when compared to the larger utilities, the
"bona fide" ones as you say.

The monthly publication that I subscribe to lists dozens of rebuilders
just like T&R who have been in business for years. They seem to manage
to make enough money to stay in business and I'd bet my last dollar they
don't do that simply by selling to Tesla coilers or other high voltage
enthusiasts.

Cash may talk, but multimillion dollar lawsuits will rule in the end and
you can take that to the bank!

Ed Wingate RATCB