Re: Inductance Charged Coil

Original poster: Ed Phillips <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: tesla <tesla-at-paradise-dot-net.nz>
 >
 > Team
 > Does anybody know if a disruptive coil has ever been successfully made in
 > which the primary inductor is charged first (lots of I liitle V) to store
 > 0.5LI^2 joules. Charging stopped and the collapsing field then produces high
 > volts and off you go.
 >
 > Not sure why such a design might be made but I imagine in priniple it is the
 > mirror of charging the C into the L
 > Tnx
 > Ted L in NZ

	That's the way they do work; the interruptor/vibrator or whatever opens
the primary circuit after a current is flowing and the resultant high
peak voltage is transformed into an even higher one by the turns ratio
of the secondary/primary!  A capacitor is often placed across the
interruptor to prevent the voltage from rising so high that arcing
occurs and the current isn't interrupted.

Ed