From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 4:41 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Re: Corona Ring

Hi Luke,

I just thought of something that may or may not apply here.  This is in
the
context of sailing boats and lightning protection from a metal mast.  A
rule
of thumb is that the mast provides a 45 degree cone of protection.  So
I'm
wondering if this same 45 degree protection would apply for a corona
ring.
That is, if the ring was 2 inches above the top turn it would need a
radius
2 inches larger than the coil form.

Comments

Gerry R