audio modulated SSTC

Original poster: herwig.roscher-at-gmx.de

List,

Trying to improve quality and output power of my audio modulated
SSTC, I need to understand the theory of operation better. There are
two statements, I do not fully comprehend:

1. "For audio modulation, you must use push-pull mode *since audio
modulation requires CW operation*."

Does "CW operation" mean, that both half waves need to have an
*equal* length? And, that pulse width modulation of a single ended
load will not lead to good-quality-audio-modulation?

2. " Self-resonant systems adjust the driver frequency using the
detected maximum output power of the resonator. Since audio modulated
circuits are being power modulated, the output power of the resonator
and the control signal to the driver will vary according to the audio
being fed into the TC system. Therefore audio modulation will not
work with self-resonant systems."

Plasma tweeters use capacitive feedback mostly and  produce a very
good audio quality. However the operating frequency is much higher
than in our TC systems. And the output power is relatively small. Is
the a.m. statement wrong in principle?

Any answers and comments are very welcome.

Cheers,

Herwig