Re: SSTC bridge driver SNUBBER circuits

Original poster: dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com

Not true.  You can have ringing, and still have a perfectly clear
understanding of what is occurring at the gates.  There is no need to make a
circuit more complicated if
the added circuitry is only for "aesthetic reasons" and making the gate
drive "look" clean.  I recently finished a design for a DC-DC converter
operating at 2MHz for the
F-22 Raptor program.  If you looked at the gates of this particular design,
there is  ringing.  However, because this ringing occurs in a region that
doesn't affect
performance in any way, its perfectly acceptable.  The ringing was
completely predictable (in both simulation and lab testing), and therefore
tightly controlled.

Dan