RE: dimmer switches

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <gary.lau@xxxxxx>

Most folks will tell you "No, dimmers work only with resistive loads."
I would have said the same thing until I tried it and found that it did,
sort of, work.  But it was "uneven", and I'm not sure the 100% setting
was in fact 100%.  And you won't ever get 140V out of a dimmer, so why
bother ;-)?  Ebay is your friend with lots of Variacs.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA

> Original poster: hue jass <chesscactuar@xxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hello
>
> I bought a very old 4 amp variac, but after running it with my 9/30
NST, it