Treadmill Motors (Was 1500t secondary myth)

Original poster: "Dave Halliday" <dh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Quick heads up -- when I saw this email, I ordered four of them.
Considering the 14-pound per shipping weight, I chose the cheapest UPS
shipping option.

The package arrived today (10 days) -- very excellent build quality!
Very heavy and solid, the one unit I tried runs smoothly (this is on 110
out of a variac through  bridge rectifier and a smallish electrolytic
(what I had on hand).  It looks like it expects to have fan cooling so
if you choose not to use the screw-on fan/pulley (I'm not), use a muffin
fan to force some nice cool air though the housing.

The motor has no real way of mounting, I'm guessing that the round body
was held in some kind of clamping arrangement.  I'll be using a
fly-cutter in my drill press to cut out two pieces of phenolic for this.

Also, it was packaged pretty well - 8 out of 10 - the motors were not
individually wrapped but they were well secured and there was a good 2"
of packing material around every dimension.  They have about 3,400
left...