Re: Terry's DRSSTC - Frequency/Pulse Width Controller

Original poster: Stork <rwall3264@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Terry ,

Note the MAX 038 has a sync input. This function may be useful with your zero crossing synchronization.

Rick

Terry,

The first IC function generator that I built ~ 15 years ago used an XR2206. More recent ones I built around the MAX 038. It's frequency range is from 1Hz to over 20 Mhz by switching in different timing caps for different frequency ranges. I use a 6 pole switch to switch the cap ranges. I also use a coarse and a fine (multiturn) pot for tuning frequency and pulse width. IC function generators are much more precise, have many more features and are far easier to work with than multiple 555's.

http://www.web-ee.com/Schematics/Function%20Generator/function%20generator.htm

RWW