Re: The 1500t secondary myth

Original poster: FutureT@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 12/13/04 1:30:58 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Steve, Paul, all,

Someone mentioned the other day that Marc's coil tended
to give extraordinary spark length results.  I looked at Paul's site but
didn't see evidence of this.  Does anyone have evidence of
its outperformance?  Does anyone know what breakrate
it ran at?

Thanks,
John

Original poster: Paul Nicholson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Steve Conner wrote:

> The one thing that could sink this theory big time
> (if it's true) is the late Marc Metlicka's 3000 turn coil.
> This would have a Zo much above 36k unless it had a 2"
> former or a topload the size of a two bedroomed house.

Marc's 3k turn coil is documented under the label mm3p in

  http://www.abelian.demon.co.uk/tssp/cmod/

At the secondary resonant frequency of 38.4kHz, we have
Lee = 352mH, Cee = 44.7 pF, so Zo = 88.7k ohms.

--
Paul Nicholson