Re: Best way to clean and shine Brass

Original poster: Edward Wingate <ewing7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "McCauley, Daniel H" <daniel.h.mccauley@xxxxxxxx>
>
> What is the best (and most economical) way to clean up and shine brass.
>
> I using some "free-machining" type brass (Alloy 360) for some electrode
> stuff and would like
> to clean it up.
>
> Any help appreciated.
> Thanks
>
> Dan

Dan,

Scotch Brite works great on just about any metal, but works especially
well on brass and aluminum and it's not nearly as messy as creams and
polishes.

There are three different grades that I'm aware of, white, which is fine
texture, the common green, which is medium texture and brown which is
coarse.

The green is available at your local supermarket in the kitchen cleaning
section.

Ed Wingate RATCB