Re: Fun with Argon

Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx

> From these, it would seem that the existence of non-toxic ozone is doubtful.
> If there is a "non-toxic" form of ozone, it was unknown to the general
> scientific community as recently as 1997. Of course, as one of my chemistry
> professors said, "If you have any doubts, stick your head under the vent
> hood and take several deep draughts."

I can say that ozone (and the other byproducts of HV and air) are the
main
health hazard associated with high-voltage, because of its effects even
in systems that would be electrically inoffensive. If I just play with
one of my electrostatic machines, even the smallest, for more than a few
minutes in a closed place, I can count with irritated eyes, nose,
throat,
and even ears, for several days. And my Tesla coils are ozone factories
in comparison. I use to operate them in my workshop, and know that I
will
find my tools rusted after just a minute of operation.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz