Re: PIV

Original poster: "Gerry Reynolds" <gerryreynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

By current limiting the reverse breakdown to an appropriate level, you ought
to be able to safely find the knee of the curve.

Gerry R

Original poster: "Herwig Roscher" <herwig.roscher@xxxxxx>

List,

Sometimes I come across HV diodes with unknown data. Searching the
web is invane mostly. So I have three choices:

1. Install the diode in a HV machine and flip the ON switch.
2. Throw it into the scrap basket.
3. Try to find out the PIV max.

Preferring reaction number 3, I have built a HiPot tester, which
delivers voltages up to 30 kV.

Q: Is there a standardized reverse current, the PIV max is specified
to? I.e. If I measure 20 kV @ 2 µA, is 20 kV the correct PIV max?

Cheers,

Herwig

Bye Herwig