There was a long thread on this about two or three years back...

Cheers,

        Terry

At 09:34 AM 12/2/2004, you wrote:
KVA Effects make 'em to 60 feet according to their promo video. I also saw a few websites that say Tesla made 130-footers from the 200-foot mast at Colorado Springs, though I didn't think he had access to a 1000+ kW required to make those.

Mike
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 10:07 AM
Subject: RE: The 1500t secondary myth (long)

Original poster: "Steve Conner" <steve.conner@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Very interesting information.  I never thought much about the impedance
>factor.  Now, I'll have to go back and do some math work to see if I can
>optimize my designs even more.

Well Dr. R, your coils are way bigger than anything I have simulated or
calculated, so Your Mileage May Vary :-\ In fact, it would be most
interesting if you could tell us the Zo values for some of your big coils.
I've seen pictures of the big boy that does 22ft sparks but I couldn't find
any data on # of turns, wire gauge, dimensions, power input, or anything.

Also, while looking for data on your big coil, I noticed you claim 75ft and
120ft sparks on your website. Have you ever actually produced these? As far
as I know, most of us are under the impression that the all-time world
record for a Tesla coil discharge is 39ft or 59ft or something like that.
(not sure which, maybe Terry knows) So if you have done it then you just
raised the bar a good deal for those of us who were hoping to beat it :(

Steve C.