Re: More questions on SSTC & "Tesla rifle

Original poster: "Gary Weaver" <gary350-at-earthlink-dot-net>

Yep....the military has an interest in anything than can be used as a
weapon but after testing it will probably end up in the scrap pile along
with the rail gun, magnetic accelerator, laser cannon, and others.    Many
years ago I saw a demonstration of the pulse laser cannon.  It was fired
many times at an airplane 5 miles away.   When the airplane landed it
looked like a Swiss cheese with soft ball size holes everywhere.    Even if
you could get a direct hit on the engine or fuel tank its not likely the
airplane would crash.    The laser was scrapped because it has no
destructive damage and it will not work on a cloudy day or when its raining
and top of the list reason was during a military battle there is usually
lots of fire and smoke and the laser will hot shoot through smoke.