FW: Dear Rich REGARDING TITANIUM or ALUMINUM as an electrode

Original poster: "Rich" <rdjmgmt-at-socket-dot-net>

-----Original Message-----
From: Rich [mailto:rdjmgmt-at-socket-dot-net]
Sent: Saturday, August 14, 2004 10:34 AM
To: 'Tesla list'
Subject: RE: Dear Rich REGARDING TITANIUM or ALUMINUM as an electrode

Yes , That is one thing I know. I was a machinist from 1963 until about
1982 and have burned a lot of Ti chips because they are so bright. They
burn like Magnesium. When machining it we kept a roll around bucket of a
black sand /powder handy for Mag and Ti fires. I think it was marked GI
powder.
  You can weld on it all day and it won't catch on fire.

Rich