Re: ELECTRONIC BALLAST?

Original poster: "robert heidlebaugh" <rheidlebaugh-at-desertgate-dot-com>

Ed : That sounds like an inverter power supply used to fire the tube with
high voltage like a Neon with out powering the fillament windings. The
circuit is probibly an oscilator with a high voltage trigger coil. The
capacitors should be current limitors.
        Robert   H