Re: Measuring MMCs

Original poster: "Ed Phillips" <evp-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Original poster: "Bart Anderson" <tesla111-at-sbcglobal-dot-net>

Hi Steve,

Interesting observation. As to your question, I have "not" noticed a
change. One of my MMC banks consist of 3 strings of 18 caps per string
of
the (0.15uF CD942's). It calculates to .025uF and measures .025uF
exactly.
Each cap includes a 10M ohm resistor (carbon) soldered across each cap.
http://www.classictesla-dot-com/photos/mmc/mmc.html

Seems something is different between your MMC and my own. Possibly cap
type
or resistor type?

Take care,
Bart"

	Capacitance meters don't always read capacitance correctly.  Bridges
do, even when the dissipation factor is very high.

Ed