Re: Transzorbs in IGBT circuits

Original poster: "Steven Ward" <srward16-at-hotmail-dot-com>

No need for bidirectional TVS when clamping across the C-E as there will
only be voltage in one direction.  Right now im using 2 series 220V 1500W
TVS.  From what ive seen, most all of them say <1nS response time.  Also,
dont forget to put some clamping on the IGBT gates.  Im using back to back
33V zeners, but a 30-33V TVS might work fine as well and if you get the
bidirectional type, that saves some extra soldering ;).

Steve