Re: Homemade PCBs!

 > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Tesla list wrote:
 >  > Original poster: "Hydrogen18" <hydrogen18-at-hydrogen18-dot-com>
 >  > I'm looking to make some homemade PCB's for a voltage multiplier, whats
the
 >  > best way to do this? I've seen those kits where you draw everything,
but
 >  > that seems pretty tedious. Is their a better way to do it at home?
Also,
 >  > what kind of circuit board do I want to buy? Thanks.

there are a variety of products that can be run through a laser printer or
copier.  You then use an iron to transfer the toner to the board.  They are
sheets of stuff that's designed to feed through the printer well, but not
have the toner stick too well.   The toner serves as the resist.  It works
ok, but not great, and it's a positive nightmare to do two sided boards
with. Also, most copiers and printers aren't geometrically accurate, so
those 40 pin dips may not line up quite right.

I should think that there are inkjet printer inks designed for making
thermal transfers (like to T-shirts) that would work.

Failing all that, there's the traditional photoreproduction approach.