4.5 inch coil upgrade

Original poster: "steve" <steve_vance-at-cablelynx-dot-com>

Hi List, I just got done upgrading my 4.5" coil. I changed the transformer
from a 12-30 nst to a 12-60 nst. Added a strike rail, and changed my caps
from homemade to a mmc. I am getting streamers about 38" long now. I think I
should get more though. I think the problem is the coupling. The secondary
is 4.5" and the primary hole is 8" According to javatc the coupling is .1 k.
My question is: If  I add two more turns to the inner part of the primary
and raise the outside 14 deg. to make it an inverse conical, the coupling
should increase to .146 k. Will this increase the streamer length enough to
justify the modification? Is 3/4" enough clearance between the primary and
secondary?

You can see the coil here.
http://fire.prohosting-dot-com/~bonestc/4.5inchcoil.html  The photo at the
bottom of the page is with the new setup.

Steve Vance